Monday, February 15, 2010

Personality Types and Learning Styles

Students’ personality types definitely affect how they learn. Some students learn by listening or reading the material for themselves, and others learn more by working with others or doing something with their hands. As a teacher, I will need to recognize the different learning styles of my students and use different methods of teaching so that all of them can learn the material.

Doing the personality test helped me see all the different possibilities of personalities. I think I will be able to recognize the different traits that other people have, and that will help me understand those people better. I think that understanding the personality of someone will help me to figure out that person’s learning style and to adapt my teaching so that they understand what they need to learn. It will also help me to see that person’s point of view when they talk to me about problems or struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment