Monday, February 15, 2010

Excel Spreadsheets

I think Excel spreadsheets can be useful for teachers. I probably would not use it to make worksheets very often, because I could use other programs for that. But I might use it to make a worksheet that uses a table, maybe something like a verb conjugation chart. I would also use it for a grade book because I can easily type in a formula to calculate averages and grades. A spreadsheet is definitely easier to use for grade books than a calculator because I only need to type in the formula once, then the program can do the math for all the other grades. I also like the organization of a spreadsheet. Since I’m a pretty organized person anyway, I like to use Excel to make lists and schedules. I don’t think I’ll need to use spreadsheets much for presenting information with graphs or charts, but I could if I needed to. Overall, I think Excel spreadsheets are great for making grade books and charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment